About the role
- Work with Melbourne’s most progressive housing and homelessness organisation
- Part-Time (0.8 FTE), Fixed-Term role (through to 20th Dec 2020)
- Great Dandenong location, close to public transportation, shops, and cafes
- $70,792 (Pro-rata) + Super
- Additional Wellbeing Leave and Salary Packaging
- Flexible working environment
Launch Housing has an ambitious and singular mission to end homelessness. We aim to get people housed, keep them housed, and be an influential voice on ending homelessness. We are a secular, independent provider of choice for clients and the ‘go to’ organisation on homelessness for government, media, philanthropy, private donors and the community.
About the role
We are currently seeking a passionate Housing Support Worker to join the dedicated team at our Dandenong site. Bob’s Place (Dandenong) is a residential facility with services including temporary accommodation, case management, transitional support, and other services for families, couples and singles. Bob’s Place includes 4 family units, 9 rooms for single persons and 2 for couples.
The Housing Support Worker works intensively with a small case load of clients, managing diverse and complex casework and assessments, building engagement over time in order to meet case plan goals.
To be successful in this role, you will have a passion for working with those experiencing homelessness and determination to deliver innovative and effective services of the highest possible standard for our clients.
You will also have the following:
- A demonstrated ability to achieve quality client outcomes
- Expert knowledge of housing and support services
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with clients and external services
- Ability to respond to and manage critical incidents
- Experience working with complex clients with diverse needs
Working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team that uses innovative housing practices, these exciting and challenging positions offer applicants the opportunity to build and empower the lives of people experiencing homelessness.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Housing Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.