About the role
About the opportunity
Child FIRST provides a coordinated community based entry point into registered child and family service agencies working within the Hume Moreland Integrated Family Services Partnership. Family Services provides a case management and support service for vulnerable children, young people aged 0-17 and their families. Families are referred by community members, professionals or Child Protection.
Families eligible for the service will be impacted by disadvantage including poverty, substance abuse, family violence, mental health and trauma and may be at risk of becoming involved with the Child Protection system.
The Intake Worker is responsible for conducting the initial assessment in order to determine the suitability for allocation to family services or to coordinate referrals to other relevant community agencies. The Intake Worker will also provide information and advice about local community services and supports for vulnerable families.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Welfare or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in risk assessment, safety planning and collaborative practice to support women and children who are experiencing and being impacted by family violence and other complex and related needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of intake, assessment and response.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to engage and assess client needs, including comprehensive risk assessments (CRAF), with a focus on perpetrator accountability to reduce risk and harm to women and children.
- A sound understanding of child development, family systems, ecological theory, trauma-informed practice, the gendered nature of family violence, the Best Interests Case Practice model and a strengths based approach to service delivery.
- Demonstrated understanding of the historical and contemporary issues that impact Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Australian society, as well as values and protocols and the ability to work in a culturally informed and respectful manner.
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Intake Worker - ChildFIRST via Pro Bono Australia.