About the role
Are you an educator passionate about literacy and language? Looking for a rewarding career that allows you to travel and work with remote communities?
The Indigenous Literacy Foundation works to empower remote communities to lead their own literacy futures and has two unique opportunities to join our dynamic team in Sydney.
We work with remote communities located in the NT, WA, QLD and SA and we are seeking a Program Manager, ideally an experienced educator to manage our Program team. Focused on books and resources, our programs aim to develop literacy skills by providing access to great books, supporting families in reading and sharing books, and empowering communities to write and create their own stories, in their own languages.
- Sydney based full-time role with travel to remote communities
- Educator / Teacher / Librarian / Early Learning / Project Manager
- Not-for-profit organisation
- Full time role
- Not-for profit salary packaging and benefits with relocation allowance
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander identified position
Work with a dedicated and well-respected small team to create positive outcomes throughout Australia.
- Manage the delivery of ILF’s three core literacy programs – Book Buzz, Book Supply, Community Literacy.
- Identify opportunities to address literacy needs within remote communities.
- Prepare detailed reports/proposals for such programs for the Board’s approval.
- Manage the delivery of approved projects with the communities.
- Organise field trips/workshops for ambassadors and key stakeholders which form the basis of creating new books.
- Participate in strategic planning annually
- Initial point of contact for remote communities
- Create Program Newsletters
- Review of actual texts and community liaison
- Manage cultural sensitivities and respectfulness
- Act as spokesperson and advocate in the broader community.
- Manage and mentor program supervisors.
- Proactive, energetic, highly motivated, organised with practical project management skills.
- Personal interest in increasing literacy levels throughout Australia.
- Excellent written and spoken communication.
- Indigenous Heritage.
- Ability to initiate and develop partnerships and manage staff.
- University qualification in related field.
- Experience working in remote communities.
- Must hold a current drivers licence and have a ‘working with children’ and police check.
- 9 – 5pm with flexibility; immediate start; full-time
- Close to Broadway, Sydney
About the organisation
The ILF is a not for profit charity whose charter is to raise literacy levels in remote Indigenous communities across Australia. Work with a dedicated and well-respected small team to create positive outcomes throughout Australia.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Literacy Program Manager via Pro Bono Australia.