About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time | Maximum Term (12 months) | Based at Dandenong
The role is responsible for the development, delivery, performance and quality of therapeutic specialist support to residential services in out of home care.
The Manager of Therapeutic Services will provide trauma-informed leadership, promoting therapeutic responces and healing environments across 9 residential homes.
Key responsibilities involve:
- Leading continuous improvement of quality programs, services and systems to achieve high performance and optimum consumer and community outcomes;
- Developing, implementing and monitoring strategies to ensure services are accessible and inclusive.
You have experience in providing high quality practice advice and guidance to professionals working with clients presenting with complex needs and statutory involvement.
- Demonstrable leadership experience, including the provision of operational and clinical supervision
- Extensive knowledge of child development and the impact of abuse and neglect
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of trauma informed practice and trauma recovery principles
- Extensive knowledge of out of home care sector including relevant legislation and regulations.
Bachelor level in relevant professional discipline such as social work, psychology or social science is required.
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager – Therapeutic Services to Residential Care via Pro Bono Australia.