About the role
MYAN’s Media and Communications Officer is responsible for coordinating and delivering MYAN’s Communication activities including: managing MYAN’s website and social media communications; preparing regular e-newsletters and media releases; engaging with key stakeholders (including young people, MYAN partners around Australia and media outlets); coordinating communications-related projects and providing advice to management.
- Hours: 22.8 hours per week (0.6 FTE), Part Time (Flexible days of work and hours negotiable e.g 3 full days/ 5 days (9:00am- 2:00pm)
- Fixed Term: until 31 December 2020
- Base Salary (SCHADS Level 4) : $69,950 per annum (pro rata) plus Super and access to Salary Packaging
- Location: CMY Carlton Office
- Applications Close: Midday 12pm Monday, 17 February 2020
- Interviews: to be held Friday, 21 February 2020
You will have:
- Excellent writing skills with a strong attention to detail and demonstrated expertise in writing content for a range of different channels
- At least 2 years’ experience in producing and managing a range of communication tools, including publications, websites, e-newsletters and other digital technologies
- Demonstrated expertise in media relations including relationship development, proactive engagement collaborating with key stakeholders and targeting stories to appropriate audiences
- At least 2 years’ experience in designing, delivering and evaluating effective social media strategies
For more information
About the organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network Australia (MYAN) is the national peak body representing the rights and interests of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds – Australia’s national voice on multicultural youth issues. MYAN is auspiced and chaired by the Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY).
MYAN works in partnership with young people, government and non-government agencies at the state and national levels to support a consistent approach to addressing the rights and needs of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds in policy and service delivery. MYAN facilitates a national approach to youth settlement through its broad networks and partners in each state and territory. MYAN also supports the development of young people’s leadership and advocacy skills through national youth events and a national Youth Ambassador’s Network.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Media and Communications Officer – MYAN (CMY169) via Pro Bono Australia.