About the role
Build on longstanding relationships across Darebin’s multicultural and interfaith communities.
Work within a dynamic department advancing community well-being and social justice outcomes for Darebin’s diverse communities.
About the positions:
i) Community Development Officer – Interfaith and Multicultural PRESS HERE to view the job advertisement.
ii)Multicultural and Diversity Project Officer PRESS HERE to view the job advertisement.
Benefits of joining Darebin Council:
- Monthly RDO and flexible working options and arrangements available i.e. part time, job share.
- Cultural leave provisions.
- Receive job security as a permanent member of local council.
- Salary sacrifice options available.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- Annual incremental salary increases.
- Opportunities for secondments and promotions within Darebin Council.
- Walking distance from Preston train station and tram stops.
- Onsite car parking available.
- Social activities and social club as a member of the Darebin Council.
- Comprehensive health and wellbeing program, including free access to physio, yoga and fitness classes.
- Provided with laptop and mobile phone.
- Green travel incentives.
- Access to fleet vehicles for work purposes.
About the organisation
Darebin is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities anywhere in the State in terms of cultures, language (more than 138 languages are spoken), religions, socio-economic background, employment status, occupation, and housing needs. We actively represent our community’s diversity and aim to create an inclusive work environment that values the contribution of all employees and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
How to apply for this role
How to apply:
Submit your application via the job links included above, with your up to date resume. Please note, only the Key Selection Criteria included in the online application form (in bold in the Position Description) require a response in your application. Cover letters are also not required.
Please quote in application: Multicultural, Diversity Project & Community Development Officer via Pro Bono Australia.