About the role
The Office Manager is the first point of contact for the public, managing front desk volunteers and providing general administrative and operational support to ensure the efficient and effective running of the Melbourne office whilst supporting Justice Connect and our co-located partners, the Human Rights Law Centre, Health Justice Australia and Equality Australia. The Office Manager also plays an important role facilitating internal communication within the Melbourne office and between Justice Connect offices.
The job share Office Managers (VIC) are jointly responsible for all duties and act as a team to complete them:
- Be the first point of contact for all visitors (including clients) and ensure a professional, respectful and welcoming environment
- Recruit, induct and manage reception volunteers
- Provide administrative and operational support to ensure the effective running of the Melbourne office including management of incoming and outgoing mail
- Be responsible for the timely procurement of office supplies and ensure the smooth and sustainable functioning of office facilities & equipment, including being the first point of contact with the building management
- Ensure that office practices are compliant with health & safety laws
- Provide Melbourne office based facilities induction including physical environment, OHS and IT
- Ensure meeting rooms are managed effectively and support staff with setting up rooms appropriately for staff, client and visitor needs
- Manage Melbourne based document storage activities, including any on and off site storage & archiving in line with Justice Connect’s policy and procedures
- Review administrative systems, practices and procedures and implement changes and improvements where necessary
- Collaboratively design and implement innovative solutions to processes and procedures for the Melbourne Office
- Assist with event/meeting logistics for Melbourne based activities as required
- In conjunction with other staff, maintain up-to-date contact details in Justice Connect’s CRM
- Proactively support the flow of communication and information within the Melbourne office and between Justice Connect offices
- Assist in maintaining a professional, respectful and friendly working environment
- Organise and promote ad hoc staff social gatherings as required
- Cooperatively ensure the job share arrangement works effectively and efficiently
- Perform other duties as directed and necessary to the proper performance of the role
- Please view attached PDF for further information regarding selection criteria
About the organisation
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Australia’s most successful public interest and social justice organisations. Justice Connect is a not-for-profit organisation with a vision of a fair and strong community in which people have a fair chance at a better life, the community sector is strong and vibrant and the legal/justice and non-legal social systems are fairer and better.
At Justice Connect, we believe everyone deserves a fair chance at a better life. Too often, our legal system is complicated, expensive and inaccessible. And when the system doesn’t work for everyone, it works for no one. It holds our community back. That’s why we use the law to help people and community groups left behind by an unfair and complicated legal system. Whether it’s a single mother facing homelessness, a local community group struggling with overwhelming regulation or an older person dealing with family violence, real-life problems so often have legal solutions. That’s why we connect people with legal help. We use the power of the law to open up the legal system for those locked out of it, and to change the system where it is broken.
The key to our impact is the passionate commitment of our people. We hold ourselves to the highest standards, driven by a desire to deliver real improvements in the lives of the people and communities we help.
The Office Manager (VIC) is part of the Operations team at Justice Connect. The Operations team provides support, advice and expertise across the organisation and is responsible for managing the physical work environment, developing and maintaining information technology tools to support the work of Justice Connect, recruitment and development of staff, and management of and accountability for funds. The Operations team also oversees the governance and compliance obligations of Justice Connect.
We are currently seeking an Office Manager (VIC) who will work in close collaboration with the other Office Manager (VIC) as part of a job-share arrangement to play a key role in supporting the Justice Connect Melbourne office. The Office Manager is the first point of contact for the public, managing front desk volunteers and providing general administrative and operational support to ensure the efficient and effective running of the Melbourne office whilst supporting Justice Connect and our co-located partners, the Human Rights Law Centre, Health Justice Australia and Equality Australia. The Office Manager plays an important role facilitating internal communication within the Melbourne office and between Justice Connect offices.
How to apply for this role
The application process is as follows:
- Applications should be addressed to Sophie Gordon-Clark, Chief Operating Officer and should comprise a cover letter, your resume, and a succinct statement outlining your suitability for the role with reference to the selection criteria
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single word or PDF file including “Office Manager (VIC), Operations via Pro Bono Australia" in the email subject line.
- Applications close at 5:30pm on Friday 31st January 2020
- Interviews will be held on Friday 7th February 2020.
Please quote in application: Office Manager (VIC), Operations ( Job Share) via Pro Bono Australia.