About the role
Join Australia’s peak body for philanthropy as our Partnerships Executive.
In this FTE 0.6 role you will work closely with the CEO to implement our partnerships strategy and meet the organisation’s key fundraising targets. You are experienced at identifying and converting high-value donors, corporate partners, sponsors or members within a not for profit, NGO, charity, or commercial environment.
Overall you have experience in;
- Researching prospects and writing proposals for grant support
- Managing and tracking potential supporters of philanthropic work
- Building and stewarding long–term relationships to deliver growth against targets
- Asking for and closing gifts, grants and sponsorships
- Working with cross-functional teams and budget management
A broad understanding of major philanthropic funding is critical, and you will have excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to engage our membership and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You will be a self-motivated team player and problem solver with initiative, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task priorities and deadlines. You need to be able to work independently and contribute to the team.
In this role you will have the opportunity to learn from other philanthropic funders in Australia’s giving environment. Importantly, you will be exposed to and work with PA’s board, philanthropic members, CEO, advisory and executive group.
Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and CRM databases is essential, and FIA Certificate or Diploma in Fundraising is highly regarded.
Some interstate travel will be required for this role.
About the organisation
Philanthropy Australia is the national peak body for philanthropy. We are an independent organisation of trusts, foundations, organisations, families, individual donors, professional advisers, intermediaries and not-for-profits as our membership.
Our purpose is to serve the philanthropic community to achieve more and better philanthropy. We are a growing movement of people and organisations who believe in the importance of giving and our members are proud to leverage their wealth and influence to create social change.
We do this through:
- Collaboration – helping our stakeholder groups grow philanthropy together;
- Connections – enabling the sharing of knowledge, innovation and research; and
- Capability – enhancing the skills of the philanthropic sector.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Partnerships Executive via Pro Bono Australia.