About the role
Your new role
Our Pathways Workers are an initial point of contact for clients accessing services at our main engagement hub, which sees approximately 300 clients come through each day.
We have a part-time Pathways Worker role currently available: Sunday 8.30am until 2.30pm , Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 8.00am to 3pm – 25.5 hours in total per week.
You will be working alongside a team of Pathways Workers, assertively engaging with clients and assisting them in accessing the individualised supports that will enable them to live safely and experience social inclusion in the community.
Each day, you will be supporting clients with information, advocacy and crisis intervention. You will also provide short-term case management for one to two people for up to 6 weeks. This will be done in accordance with the organisation’s values, practice principles, legislative and funding requirements, as well as building relationships with community agencies, local services and other Mission services.
A typical day is based at our 87 Grey Street Engagement Hub where we serve breakfast and lunch to approximately 300 clients every day of the year.
You’ll be making contact with new and familiar clients, providing support, information, assessment, crisis intervention and advocacy.
You’ll be working closely with colleagues and workers from other services. This is not a sit-down, office-based role, you’ll be based outside in the engagement hub (dining room and courtyard), ensuring that some of the most marginalised people gain access to services.
We’re looking for
- An energetic, resilient person who can work with flexibility and calm in a dynamic environment
- Someone with experience working with complex clients
- Team-focused with strong communication skills
- Flexibility – able to respond to an ever-changing environment
- Someone who is able to respond effectively to challenging behaviours
- Appropriate qualifications relevant to the delivery of community services e.g. Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or equivalent
You can look forward to
- Working in the heart of St Kilda and being close to public transport
- Being part of a fun and dynamic team
- Networking and building professional relationships
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Access to in-house training and supervision
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
About the organisation
Your future workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Pathways Worker – Sacred Heart Central via Pro Bono Australia.