About the role
- Are you looking for a rewarding career?
- Are you passionate about working with people?
- Thought about providing Mental Health support and assistance to those in need?
- Full-Time, fixed-term role (30/6/2022) based in Illawarra (Wollongong).
Join us in supporting individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community!
About this opportunity
Wellways within the Illawarra (Wollongong) region offers outreach mental health support services through the Enhanced Adult Community Living Support Service (EACLSS). Support provided through the EACLSS program is within a recovery orientated model and aims to assist with the development of the necessary daily living skills to manage a participants mental health and recovery.
The EACLSS program offers psychosocial support aims to promote recovery, reduce social and physical isolation, reduce hospitalisations and improve a participant’s quality of life. Using Wellways’ Community Recovery Model, the Practical Support Worker will provide intensive support to address key areas that support the development of decision-making skills, social skills, independent living skills, community access, healthy lifestyle, self-identity, self-esteem and resilience. A key outcome will be supporting the participant to identify and nurture natural supports that sustain recovery and assist in the development of self-management skills.
You will need:
- Relevant qualifications or commensurate experience in working in a support role for people with a mental illness, generally a Certificate IV qualification or above.
- Current and valid Driver’s License and are able to undertake travel.
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Children Check.
- You will have an in depth understanding of working within a recovery-oriented framework for Psychosocial rehabilitation
Desirable but not essential: Previous experience working within Aboriginal/Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities and/or understanding of Aboriginal/CALD communities, both socially and culturally.
About the organisation
Wellways is a nationally recognised provider of mental health, disability services and a registered NDIS service provider. We work with individuals, their families and friends to improve their wellbeing and to gain inclusion into communities, providing support through recovery, education and advocacy programs, and provide a range of innovative rehabilitation models. We are a growing organization, currently employing over 900 staff across multiple sites within VIC, TAS, NSW, QLD and the ACT.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Practical Support Worker – Illawarra Location via Pro Bono Australia.