About the role
- $70,000 – $80,000(based on skill and experience)
The project officer position is part of the Cultural Therapeutic Ways implementation team who are responsible for implementing:
- Cultural Therapeutic Ways – Embedding a cultural therapeutic approach to how VACCA delivers services to children, young people, families, vulnerable adults, and communities, and creates a safe and supportive workplace for staff
- Evaluation Framework – Measuring outcomes for clients, strengthening VACCA’s evidence base, and driving continuous learning and improvement for services
- Case Management database – Introducing a new case management database that is outcome-focused and will save staff time, whilst streamlining data collection and reporting
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation’s vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice, and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Knowledge of VACCA and services we provide to the community
- Demonstrated experience working with staff, children and young people and the ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal people
- Experience in project management, program implementation, and resource development
- Strong organisational skills and interpersonal and communication skills
Applications deadline is Sunday, February 2nd 2020
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Officer- Cultural Therapeutic Ways via Pro Bono Australia.