About the role
Position Title: Project Officer
Work Type: Part-time (3 days)
Pay Rate: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 – Social and Community Services Employee Level 3.4
Portfolio: Fostering Connections
Fostering connections Team
Fostering Connections provides a critical service point for the recruitment of foster carers in Victoria, supporting foster care agencies by maintaining a website and 24/7 enquiry line, as well as through campaign and branding to attract qualified carers into the system.
The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare Inc. is committed to health, safety and wellbeing of its staff. The Centre and its staff must comply with a range of statutory requirements including equal opportunity, occupational health and safety and privacy. The Centre requires staff to comply with its policies and procedures and related statutory requirements. Appointees are accountable for completing training on these matters and ensuring their knowledge is up to date.
- Reports to: Project Manager – Fostering Connections
- Reporting to this role: There are no positions reporting to this role
- Provide high level administrative support to the Project Manager and Fostering Connections team;
- Develop and lead, with input from sector agencies, a range of campaigns for the recruitment of foster carers;
- Manage project social media, including creating engaging copy and web content to support campaigns;
- With support from the Centre’s Media Communications team, develop relevant and engaging collateral to support campaigns and recruitment across the sector, including for Aboriginal Controlled Community Organisations, and other targeted work;
- Develop and maintain events calendar, identifying opportunities to support the sector with Fostering Connections presence and collateral at small- and large-scale events;
- Undertake other duties as required by the Project Manager and;
- Support the Foster Care Connection Specialist with enquiries.
Key Selection Criteria
The successful applicant will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues facing community service organisations in the delivery of services
- Demonstrated experience in writing reports, presentations, decision papers and submissions to a high standard
- Demonstrated stakeholder management experience
- Experience in social media management and writing engaging copy
- Experience within the community services and/or social profit sector preferred
- Experience planning and managing campaigns
- The community services and or social profit sector
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and well-developed time management and organisational skills
- Ability to use a range of software and applications including MS Office suite and customer databases
- Ability to communicate effectively and to a high standard in both written and verbal formats
- Ability to work independently without regular supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to identify sensitive information and maintain appropriate levels of privacy and confidentiality
- Certification and experience in project support or business or other relevant qualification
Conditional Employment Requirements
- Satisfactory police check
- Satisfactory Working with Children check
- Proof of the right to work in Australia
About the organisation
Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare Inc.
The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare (CFEFCW) is a not-for-profit peak body for child and family service organisations in Victoria. We advocate for children, young people and families and provide training, research and networking opportunities to the sector. We focus on the voices of young people in foster, kinship and residential care in Victoria, as well as working on larger Federal campaigns around equality.
The Centre is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, and to the health, wellbeing and cultural safety of our staff. We encourage applicants of any background, culture, gender, and experience to apply – we don’t discriminate. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
How to apply for this role
Send a one-page cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and your suitability for the role along with your CV to Danielle.Walt@cfecfw.asn.au
Please quote in application: Project Officer Fostering Connections via Pro Bono Australia.