About the role
About the opportunity
This role will be responsible for undertaking gap analysis and developing a plan to support Uniting to strength its capacity to enhance LGBTIQA+ inclusion in our services and achieve Rainbow Tick accreditation.
You will engage with key stakeholders and external peaks to support Uniting in this journey, by providing expertise and advice regarding Rainbow tick standards and accreditation process.
As part of your responsibilities, the Project Support will develop a plan to coordinate, communicate and deliver project results.
You have a sound understanding and/or experience in Rainbow Tick accreditation, inclusion principles and practice.
You have also experience working with MS Office, which will support you report and present project deliveries.
Key Selection Criteria includes:
- Experience with project coordination: ability to plan and manage diverse tasks and relationships, whilst keeping accurate records.
- Working as part of a team: willingness to take initiative, be proactive and help others.
- Understanding of inclusion principles and focus on continuous improvement: understands and incorporates human rights principles into inclusion practice; takes a continuous improvement approach to work.
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
How to apply for this role
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
- Address the key/core selection criteria as per position description
Applications close on Monday 27 January 2020
Get in touch
For any questions regarding this role, please contact John Clarke (Director of Mission) on 03 9192 8106
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
Please quote in application: Project Support - Rainbow via Pro Bono Australia.