About the role
Open Support is a community service organisation committed to addressing the unmet and changing needs of the most vulnerable in our community. The organisation is part of St Vincent’s Clinic and has a direct association with the Mary Aikenhead Ministries’ health and aged care ministry, St Vincent’s Health Australia (SVHA), Australia’s largest Catholic not-for-profit health and aged care provider.
Open Support is seeking a part time (24 hours per week) Quality Manager to manage and coordinate quality improvement and maintain compliance with all community services and health accreditation frameworks/standards relating to Open Support’s services.
This role is responsible for ensuring a rigorous governance framework is established and adhered. This framework must be focused on safety, quality and person centred care, within the philosophy, mission and values of Open Support and St Vincent’s Health Australia.
The Quality Manager is responsible for proactively managing all aspects of risk to manage Open Support programs, volunteers and clients to minimise potential litigation now and in the future, and ensuring all policies and procedures of Open Support reflect evidence based practice and legislative requirements.
- Risk Management: Oversees the governance, risk management and compliance requirements
- Continuous Quality Improvement: Supports continuous improvement through the development and implementation of systems for ongoing service monitoring and evaluation
- Complaint Management and Dispute Resolution: Management and oversight of the Open Support complaints process
About You (what is required for the role)
- Minimum three years post graduate experience
- An understanding of government contracts, audits, Accreditation Standards and Regulations, impacting the community services service sector
- A knowledge of contemporary issues, standards and legislative matters impacting on domestic and family violence, homelessness, social isolation and aged care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of change management processes and an ability to identify the impact of changes on quality requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful implementation and planning of quality, safety and risk management systems
- Demonstrated understanding of key risk management principles, practices and knowledge of key risks for the community services sector.
- Demonstrated experience in developing comprehensive risk registers at organisational and service level
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of methodologies to conduct and implement Quality and Clinical Practice Improvements.
- A sound understanding of WHS legislation and its application in a community services organisation
- Experience in managing and investigating complaints and in effective dispute resolution
We offer all employees the ability to maximise their income by reducing tax payable through salary sacrificing. We also offer our employees career-pathing and ongoing development and learning.
For further information about the position, please contact: Gary Sillett – firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Open Support, visit the website: https://opensupport.org.au/
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Quality Manager - Open Support via Pro Bono Australia.