About the role
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Social Programs Coordinator looking for an exciting opportunity to lead social and capacity building activities for people with Down syndrome of all ages.
The role will be responsible for the ‘on the day’ delivery of the monthly DSQ Club Gold Coast events and activities. Initially this will be approximately 6 hours per month in line with the DSQ Club Gold Coast 2020 events calendar (attached to this job advertisement). Hours will almost always be on Saturdays, with the view to increase as additional programs develop.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties of the role include:
- Leading existing Social activities and events,
- Developing the individual capacity of participants,
- Promoting values and principles of inclusion, empowerment and capacity building,
- Assist to evaluate the events strengths and identifying and implementing areas for improvement,
- Follow risk management procedures,
- Supervising a team of volunteers to deliver the events,
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance,
- Assist to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, service standards and DSQ policy and procedures; and
- Undertaking other duties as appropriate as required by the CEO
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Proven experience in group activities, ideally in a disability service provider environment or similar,
- Qualifications in Disability/Community Development or strong evidence of equivalent experience,
- Basic financial management capability (simple budgets etc),
- Commitment to the values of dignity, respect, inclusion empowerment, confidentiality and strength-based practice,
- Understanding of and experience in working in the NDIS environment,
- Experience working on a non-for-profit or similar environment,
- Well-developed organisational skills,
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills,
- A strong work ethic with a collaborative team approach,
- Demonstrated IT capability,
- Willingness to work weekends and some evenings,
- Current driver’s license and willingness to use private vehicle if required; and
- First Aid and CPR training & certificates.
Acceptance of the position involves a willingness to work within the philosophies and policy directions of Down Syndrome Queensland.
About the organisation
Down Syndrome Queensland (DSQ) is a not for profit organisation providing a variety of services from experienced and professional staff. DSQ is committed to ensuring that people with Down syndrome, their families and the people who work with and care for them are informed, empowered and supported. We work with families across Queensland.
At DSQ we have three core values: Integrity, Passion and Inclusion. Our values express what we stand for and guide the way we do things. Our values are core to our business, and we align everything we do with them.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Programs Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.