About the role
Join the Social Work team at Ravenhall Correctional Centre!
- Full time ongoing
- Social Worker Grade 2
- Based at Ravenhall
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare (the Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health) is the leading provider of forensic mental health services across Victoria. We deliver recovery-focused programs to consumers with serious mental illnesses across the Victorian justice system, mental health sector, and the community–from early intervention and prevention, to inpatient care, rehabilitation, and community transition support.
Our services are delivered through:
- Thomas Embling Hospital: a secure mental health hospital
- Prison mental health services throughout Victoria
- Community Forensic Mental Health Service
We also work in partnership with Swinburne University of Technology through the Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science to deliver a forensic mental health research program, specialist training, and ongoing professional education.
This position is located at Ravenhall.
Completed in 2017, the new medium-security men’s prison is located in Ravenhall Correctional Centre in Melbourne’s west, providing world-class forensic mental health services in Victoria in a purpose-built state of the art facility developed to international best practice standards.
About the role:
The Social Worker Grade 2 will be responsible for planning, implementing, evaluating and maintaining a high standard of patient care, recognising the needs of both individuals and families.
This role will utilise social work models to intervene in family systems in order to bring about therapeutic change.
- Provides support, advice and advocacy to patients, carers and families
- Participates in running educational and/or therapeutic groups
- Contributes to mental health assessments and provides consultancy and support to other members of the inter-disciplinary team
Skills and experience:
- Thorough knowledge of current social work approaches in working with mentally disordered people
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant legislation
- Experience in undertaking comprehensive social work assessments of mentally disordered offenders
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Approved degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions & leave entitlements
- Bonus payment for relevant postgrad qualifications
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: Staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
About the organisation
Forensicare (the Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health) is the leading provider of forensic mental health services across Victoria.
How to apply for this role
To apply, please visit: https://forensicare.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=ZDoW6c6UIbc=&jbc=ere
Please quote in application: Social Worker via Pro Bono Australia.