About the role
- Ongoing casual position for an experienced Social Worker, one day per week (Monday or Tuesday)
- Provide clinical supervision to a dynamic and dedicated multidisciplinary team who are determined to make a difference
- Generous salary packaging
Banyule Community Health seeks to employ a suitably qualified and experienced Social Worker to provide clinical supervision to our staff who deliver a range of supports in mental health, drug and alcohol, and gambling programs. Clinical supervision will be provided in individual and group format in a supportive environment which encourages reflective practice and improvement of therapeutic skills. The supervisor will facilitate opportunities to address ethical, professional and best practice standards and promote appropriate, respectful and effective client care utilising client-centered and recovery frameworks within a social model of health.
Your interest in community-based healthcare, excellent interpersonal skills, and supportive supervision expertise will see you excel in this role as you:
- Work with supervisees to identify learning needs and develop and facilitate the application of new knowledge and skills into practice within a safe and supportive environment
- Actively support and guide counselling staff to develop and maintain professional practices that are of high quality and which are tailored to meet the needs of marginalised and at-risk populations
- Ensure compliance with relevant policy and procedure and clinical governance requirements
What you will need:
- Comprehensive training in clinical supervision and demonstrated experience in the provision of clinical supervision to counselors and ongoing professional education in a supervisory role
- Ability to facilitate critical reflection on practice that encourages analysis of values and ethics, power and inter-personal dynamics, structural factors, theoretical understandings, alternative perspectives, professional knowledge, and current research findings
- Ability to manage group dynamics to facilitate the contribution and constructive outcomes for all participants
About the organisation
We pride ourselves on our supportive attitude and culture, built on our core values of Respect, Excellence, Courage and Dignity. Our Wellbeing and Support team members are passionate about what we do and we make a significant difference to our clients’ health and well-being.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Worker – Clinical Supervisor Position via Pro Bono Australia.