About the role
Join our Team to make a difference to the lives of Aboriginal Children and Families
- Northern/Eastern/Western/Southern Suburb and Gippsland – Expression Of Interest
- Multiple positions available
- Salary- $85,000 – $95,000 (Plus super and salary packaging)
- Full-time positions
The Team Leader role is a vital Leadership role. The role involves managing up to six Caseworkers. In addition, the role works closely with the Operations Manager/Program Manager, to ensure intake and referrals processes are managed, with the various stakeholders and community organisations referral pathways.
The role must engage with Internal and External stakeholders including Child Protection across a number of Divisions and a range of Aboriginal Organisations.
This role must demonstrate a highly developed understanding of the issues that impact on Aboriginal people and to work from a cultural perspective.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation’s vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- A sound understanding of the principles of case management, child development and risk assessment.
- A demonstrated ability to mentor staff by providing them with relevant information, support, feedback about their work, and opportunities for professional development.
- A demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team as well as providing leadership to a team and capacity to allocate tasks.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and the ability to prepare reports
Application deadline is Thursday 23rd January 2020
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Ankita Das Gupta on 9287 8838
To send an application and to download a copy of the position description please click the apply now button to visit our careers page.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Expression of Interest via Pro Bono Australia.