About the role
The board has a mix of housing and homelessness, governance, finance, and operational expertise. The directors include:
- David MacKenzie, Chairperson (B.Sc, Dip.Ed, B.ed, M.A.), Associate Professor, Swinburne Institute for Social Research at Swinburne University.
- Yelena Wenman, Director (B Ed, M Fin, GAICD), CEO & Founding Director, Marketing Matters
- Nigel Parker, Director (B Applied Social Science, Counseling; Cert IV Social Housing), Executive Officer, St Laurence House
- Greg Joffe, Director (MA, BA (Economics) (Hons), LLB). Principal, Nous Group and Adjunct Associate Professor, AGSM
- Josh Vrsaljko, Director (License Holder, Australian Financial Services). CEO, Sustain Community Housing; Property
- Pam Barker, Director (MBA, Certificate in Financial Services) CEO, Yfoundations Inc
For the role of Treasurer we are seeking someone who is highly competent and experienced in accounting and able to provide professional guidance to our CEO and financial accountant, as well as assisting the Board in fulfilling their substantial financial responsibilities. The Treasurer is a voluntary non-Executive Director role and includes being the Chair of the Finance subcommittee.
- Strong, pragmatic accounting and financial management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to support, as and when required, the CEO and the Financial Accountant in ensuring the month-end management accounts and year-end financial accounts are accurate
- Act as chair of the Finance subcommittee
- Work in a collaborative manner with other Board members in support of MFYHL achieving its strategic
- Experienced practical understanding of the full range of Board Governance matters as they impact an NFP organisation that is an incorporated entity pursuant to both ASIC and the ACNC
- Someone who wants to make a difference in a world where every contribution counts
About the organisation
My Foundations Youth Housing is a Registered Community Housing provider – with a focus on reducing youth homelessness. Launched in February 2015, we now manage nearly 200 properties. Our goal is to provide 500 new homes for young people by 2021 and we are now well on track to achieve it.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Treasurer, My Foundations Youth Housing via Pro Bono Australia.