About the role
- Work with a respected, passionate and energetic leader
- Define and implement a best proactive workforce planning model
- Newly created role at a time of growth and transformational change
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Executive General Manager – Resolution, this is a brand-new opportunity to use your sound workforce planning experience to develop and implement a workforce planning and management system across 800 (and growing!) staff.
We are looking for someone with the expertise and knowledge to optimise the end to end complaint handling process across AFCA. You will be empowered to work alongside our senior management team to analyse, model and forecast trends to measure and manage resource requirements and anticipate demand across our workforce.
Key responsibilities include:
- The effective management of workforce optimisation systems, tools and processes that allow the business to accurately analyse, model, forecast and measure workforce requirements and utilisation
- Design and implement a workforce planning capability (people, process and technology) that analyses, manages and forecasts the end-to end complaint handling across AFCA
- Working with senior leaders to educate on best practice
- Lead, inspire and mentor a direct report – Workforce Analyst
To be successful in this role, you’ll come equipped with:
- Extensive experience leading workforce planning in a growing and complex operational environment
- Deep knowledge of the tools and frameworks that are best in class to enable us to service our customers in the best way possible via multiple channels
- The ability to plan and execute continuous improvement initiatives
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Skills in service delivery, efficient process solutions and values driven outcomes
- Self-motivation and the ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- The ability to learn quickly and work with adaptability and maturity
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication and ability to manage positive relationships with diverse stakeholders
About the organisation
Salary & Benefits
Some of the benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements and positive work/life balance
- Generous salary packaging options
- Genuine opportunities for training and career growth
- Extensive health and wellbeing initiatives – from annual skin checks, fresh fruit, flu vaccinations, and engaging social events
- AFCA active initiatives – such as Yoga, Boot Camp’s and more!
- Induction which includes our renown AFCA Academy, which will ensure you are equipped with the skills and knowledge to support and achieve our business objectives
Do work with purpose at AFCA
The Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) is a unique new organisation that resolves financial disputes between Australians and financial firms like banks, investment firms and financial advisers.
We are a progressive and purpose driven not-for-profit organisation that has grown rapidly since we launched on 1 November 2018. We already have over 800 staff and we are looking to recruit intelligent and passionate people to join our team!
Our employees are people who:
- Want to make AFCA a great place to work and who embody our culture of being fair, independent, transparent, accountable, honest, respectful, proactive and customer focused
- Have empathy, who can speak plainly, have a sense of natural justice and community standard plus, can make stakeholders and customers feel heard
- Live and breathe our values of transparency, honesty and accountability
- Most importantly, we want people who understand what we mean when we say, “AFCA is on the side of fairness”
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Workforce Planning Manager via Pro Bono Australia.