About the role
Philanthropy has always played a critical role at Arts Centre Melbourne,
successfully extending the reach and impact of the cultural, education,
access, and commissioning and exhibition programs. By continuing to grow
philanthropic contributions through private donors and Trusts and
Foundations we aim to further extend this reach for future generations.
All money raised is directed to the following essential areas:
• Access and participation programs – opening up the performing arts to
• Education and creative learning – inspiring the next generation of
creatives and makers
• Commissions – supporting new works, bold ideas and extraordinary
• Collections – preserving and exhibiting Australia’s cultural
Philanthropy is also leading the Capital Campaign for the Reimagining Arts
Centre Melbourne redevelopment project.
Three Current Career Opportunities
The Arts Centre Melbourne Private Giving (major gifts) team within
Philanthropy is expanding as we are actively growing our major gifts
fundraising program. There are three exciting opportunities on offer:
• Two Philanthropy Executive, Private Giving positions (full time, or part
time by negotiation)
• One Philanthropy Executive, Trusts and Foundations (part time 0.6)
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful as a Philanthropy Executive, Private Giving you will have:
• Excellent relationship management skills and experience
• Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
• Focus, passion and emotional intelligence
• Experience and demonstrated success in major gift fundraising and/or in
negotiating and closing contracts or agreements
• Demonstrated capacity to exercise tact and discretion and ability to
handle sensitive information in a confidential and appropriate manner
• Proven ability to utilise fundraising or CRM databases to support donor
portfolio management, including reporting (Experience with Tessitura
desirable but not essential)
• A passion for and innate belief in the role that the performing arts
play in the cultural enrichment and creative development of our lives.
To be successful as Philanthropy Executive, Trusts and Foundations you will
• Experience and demonstrated success in developing high quality grant
proposals or tenders or related fundraising experience
• A thorough working knowledge of Trusts and Foundations in Australia,
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
• Strong communication skills with the ability to convey information
clearly and concisely through different mediums and to different audiences
• Outstanding relationship management skills
• Ability to work cross-organisationally to identify opportunities and
gain solid understanding of project objectives
• Demonstrated understanding of how evaluation and high quality acquittal
supports philanthropy growth and funder relationships.
About the organisation
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Arts Centre Melbourne is Australia’s largest and busiest performing arts
centre and the gateway to the thriving Melbourne Arts Precinct, home to one
of the largest concentrations of cultural and creative organisations,
practitioners and institutions in the world.
Our commitment is to bring people together to share in remarkable
experiences through our core purpose to enrich the lives of Victorians -
culturally, educationally, socially and economically. A visionary masterplan
for the Reimagining of Arts Centre Melbourne was launched with the Victorian
Government’s 2018 announcement of a once in a generation transformation
for Melbourne Arts Precinct.
For a glimpse into Arts Centre Melbourne, view this link.
How to apply for this role
How to Apply
Interested applicants must address the key criteria for the relevant role in
their cover letter and submit together with a current resume as one combined
document. Please refer to the position description for each role for further
information including detailed key criteria.
Submit your application by 23 February 2020.
Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to
attend an interview prior to the closing date.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia.
Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please quote in application: 3 Exciting Major Giving Philanthropy Executive positions at ACM via Pro Bono Australia.