About the role
MYSA is governed by a progressive and committed Board of Management with a broad range of qualifications, skills and experience. This is a unique opportunity to build your pro-bono Board experience while also making a significant difference in the lives of disadvantaged children, youth and young families from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Your help will enable us to focus our time and energy on achieving our mission.
- Provide legal advice, assistance and information on common legal issues faced by not-for-profit organisations
- Provide referrals to legal firms as required
- Liaise with the Chair and CEO on legal matters
- Liaise, on behalf of the Board, with external parties on legal matters where Board representation is required
- Fulfill the general responsibilities of a member of the Board of Management
- Australian legal practitioner
- 5-year post admission experience as a lawyer (highly desirable)
- Understanding of legal issues commonly faced by not-for-profit organisations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound judgement
- Previous or current Board experience is not essential but would be highly regarded
- This is an unpaid position and applicants must be residents of South Australia
About the organisation
MYSA is a not-for-profit community organisation providing services and support to refugee and migrant children, youth and young families in South Australia. MYSA is the only youth-specific multicultural agency in South Australia, and one of two leading youth-specific multicultural agencies in the country. MYSA takes a leadership role in ensuring that young people and families from refugee and migrant backgrounds are equipped with the resources and opportunities to fully participate in the social, cultural, economic and political life of the community.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Board of Management Member via Pro Bono Australia.