About the role
headspace Broken Hill requires an experienced recovery focused Youth Access Clinician to join the team. In this rewarding role you will be responsible for the provision of clinical mental health services for the youth in Broken Hill.
The Youth Access Clinician will be responsible for:
- Delivering quality, evidence-based recovery focused mental health services including assessments, individualised person-centered planning and coordination, and the delivery of relevant therapeutic interventions
- Identifying and implementing community based activities that will support the social and emotional well being of the young person on their recovery journey
- Offering initial education and guidance on routine clinical matters.
Flourish Australia is seeking to employ a proactive and motivated individual, who enjoys both teamwork and working autonomously. The successful candidate will have experience working within the Mental Health sector combined with relevant qualifications. You must also be currently registered, or eligible for registration (National or State) as a Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, Mental Health Nurse or other allied health professional.
Why join our team?
You will help young people build their life skills, increase their social inclusion and community participation, and get involved in day-to-day activities and services — all things so often taken for granted. We have a strong commitment to an inclusive and diverse workplace and invite qualified people with lived experience of mental health issues to apply. Flourish Australia celebrates diversity in the workplace and invites people from other communities to apply.
To be successful as a Youth Access Clinician with Flourish Australia, it is essential that you:
- Have a minimum of 1 years clinical experience and have (or are eligible to receive) National or State registration
- Are able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of recovery focused practice
- Are able to demonstrate the importance of, and have a clear and strong understanding of, the value of team work
- Have a clear understanding and/or knowledge of the concept and impact of mental health in the community
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to impart knowledge in a learning environment
- Are able to demonstrate a flexible approach to service delivery
- Have a high degree of computer literacy, including demonstrated experience with report writing and electronic client information management systems
- Hold a valid current driver’s licence
About the Benefits
Working at headspace Broken Hill will give you access to:
- Classified Level 3 on the HPPS Award
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions;
- Generous leave provisions including paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities
Appointments will be subject to satisfactory Australian residency/visa, National Criminal Record checks, and Working With Children Check.
About the organisation
headspace Broken Hill, as one of the youngest headspace centres in Australia, is funded by the Western NSW Primary Health Network to provide youth-friendly, early intervention mental health support for young people who present with mild to moderate mental health issues.
Flourish Australia, the lead agency for headspace Broken Hill, has a long and proud history of providing mental health services in the region and this is an excellent opportunity to gain unrivalled professional experience.
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Broken Hill headspace – Youth Access Clinician via Pro Bono Australia.