About the role
Looking for a small team environment working for a great & reputable Charity?
The Indigenous Literacy Foundation is a growing not for profit charity (celebrating its 10th anniversary) that supplies and publishes books in remote Indigenous communities across Australia. This busy position requires an efficient, well-organised person with cross-business/operations experience. If you like a challenge, work well with conflicting deadlines and priorities and would enjoy working for a fantastic cause, this is a great place and team to work with.
Purpose of the Business/Operational Manager role
To support and work with the Executive Director to deliver ILF’s strategic and business outcomes. This varied and challenging role oversees the daily operations of our business to help ILF achieve its goals –from financial accounting to the implementation of policies and procedures to resourcing of staff and IT.
The Business/Operational Manager reports to the ILF Executive Director with the following direct reports: Bookkeeper; Technology Administrator; and Salesforce Developer.
The Business Manager is responsible for…
- Governance support (Board & Executive Director)
- Strategic planning & execution
- Supporting ILF’s people & culture strategies and policies
- Financial planning, developing budgets, reporting and monitoring; audits
- ILF legal & compliance requirements
- Information systems and technology infrastructure
- Knowledge (qualifications relevant to the role)
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance and/or business management
- Skills (experience relevant to the role)
- Ability to lead teams and work collaboratively
- Experience working in or with the for-purpose sector
- Excellent written and spoken communications
- Human resource management experience
- Sound understanding of organisational information systems and technology and experience/ability to manage IS/IT needs
- Values (values aligned to the ILF Values)
- Value and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures;
- Engagement with remote communities;
- Development of best practice to deliver our programs; and
- Evaluation of our programs
Additional Requirements for this role:
- Current driver’s license
- Some out of hours work may be required
- Some inter/intra state travel may be required
- Other duties as required from time to time
ILF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply
Immediate start. Full time position. Hours – 9.00am – 5.00pm. Close to Broadway, Sydney.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
To apply, email your CV and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience against the tasks listed above plus the contact details of two current referees to recruit.ILF@gmail.com.
All applications must be received by Sunday 23 February 2020.
Please quote in application: Business/Operational Manager via Pro Bono Australia.