About the role
Your new role
As a Care Advisor you will be responsible for:
- Promoting and empowering consumer participation and choice through the provision of effective, responsive, goal focused and outcomes based support to Home Care Package recipients
- Working with clients and their informal networks to ensure their individual needs are identified and supported, including communication, cultural needs, personal values, preferences and chosen lifestyle
- Effectively managing a mixed caseload of Italian speaking and other clients, ensuring monthly targets are achieved in regards to contact hours and building new business
- Working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to ensure outcomes are achieved in line with client goal directed care plans, and service objectives
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Experience in similar role
- Empathy for older Australians
- Proven time management and efficiency skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced environment with multiple deadline
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
How to apply for this role
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, please contact the staff member listed on the ad.
When you’re ready to apply, please click on the 'Apply now' button below following prompts and attaching your CV and cover letter.
What else do I need to know
A CV and cover letter is required for each application unless otherwise stated. Applications can also be completed via a mobile device if you have access to these documents. Pre-employment safety checks are a mandatory component of our recruitment process and ensure that successful applicants will provide quality services and a safe environment for our clients while upholding Merri’s values. The checks are not used to screen out individuals with an adverse history from employment but designed to minimise risk on the basis of available and relevant information.
Required pre-employment checks include full Australian work rights, National Police Check and Statutory Declaration and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.
Please quote in application: Care Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.