About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Permanent part time (0.8 FTE) | Based at Dandenong
- Provide case management support to children and young people presenting with challenging behaviours
We have an exciting opportunity for a social worker to join our High Risk and Targeted Care Packages team on a permanent part time basis, 60.8 hours per fortnight. The position is based at Dandenong with travel across Melbourne’s south eastern suburbs.
The Case Manager provides support and case management services to children and young people aged 0-18 years and their families in a kinship care arrangement.
To be successful in your application you will have:
- A Diploma of Community Welfare Work or related discipline (minimum)
- A tertiary degree in social work, psychology, behavioural science or related field (desirable)
- Well-developed knowledge of relevant regulations and legislation including the Children, Youth and Families Act 2006
- Demonstrated experience in delivering case management support to children and/or young people with a consumer-centred approach
- Ability to develop and maintain comprehensive case notes, client files and reports in a timely manner
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Manager - Child, Youth & Family Services via Pro Bono Australia.