About the role
The CEO is responsible for Woor-Dungin’s Aboriginal Partnership Program; management of all operations of Woor-Dungin as an independent, sustainable organisation with a strong focus on our principles and values; and culturally safe communication and effective working relationships with our Aboriginal Partners, financial and pro bono supporters, staff (paid and un-paid), members of Woor-Dungin, the Committee of Management and other stakeholders.
The position is part time at 24 hours a week and based in the Melbourne CBD, however travel is occasionally required to regional Victoria. The CEO reports to the Woor-Dungin Committee of Management.
Persons identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander are encouraged to apply.
Essential skills and experience
Applicants are required to have:
- worked in the community or not for profit sector, with experience in Community Development, including experience working with Aboriginal communities
- experience in a management role, with proven abilities to effectively manage the financial, human and physical resources and requirements of a Not for Profit or a similar organisation
- communications and related skills including active listening, negotiation, problem solving, decision-making and advocacy, and experience in working collaboratively and managing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- demonstrated experience in sourcing philanthropic or government funds, submission writing, project implementation and acquittal of funding applications
- a good knowledge of and skills in IT systems including email, spreadsheets, social media and Microsoft Office.
About the organisation
Our Vision That Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples achieve self-determination.
Our Purpose To walk with Aboriginal community-controlled organisations towards self-determination, building strong partnerships, sharing knowledge and fostering respectful relationships.
Woor-Dungin was set up because Victorian aboriginal organisations have often had difficulty obtaining resources for important projects in their communities. For a multitude of reasons, very little Australian philanthropic funding goes to Indigenous communities.
Woor-Dungin’s primary goal is to strengthen the organisational capacity of both Indigenous and philanthropic organisations by creating opportunities for relationships to develop, which we believe is critical in raising the prosperity of Indigenous Australian communities. Woor-Dungin creates environments where cultural assumptions can be addressed and understood and for confidence in each other to prosper.
Woor-Dungin’s Aboriginal Partnership Program is a unique model. Our work supports Aboriginal organisations across Victoria to access the resources they require to support the priority issues they have identified in their local communities, and to achieve self-determination.
We facilitate culturally respectful relationships with donors and pro bono supporters and encourage the development of skills and contacts. As a result, our partners have accessed new funding for projects and communities have made great progress during each partnership.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) via Pro Bono Australia.