About the role
VERTO is one of the largest Australian providers of vocational training, apprenticeship services, employment and community support services. During its 35-year history, VERTO has been supporting regional employers and individuals in order for them to achieve their goals. Their services now include specialist programs to assist people with disability and Aboriginal communities.
VERTO has built a network of offices throughout NSW and Victoria through growth in direct response to community needs. Their vision is to be the leading provider of services which contribute to the economic health, and well-being of the communities they serve.
Working closely with the CEO as an integral part of the senior management team, you will drive organisational performance and ensure customers and clients receive the best possible service and outcomes. You will be responsible for ensuring all programs and services meet contractual obligations, whilst continuing to build successful cross sector relationships.
Additionally, you will:
- Develop operational project plans and lead organisational change
- Oversee the delivery of all programs and services
- Demonstrate strong leadership through mentoring, professional development and effective communication
- Be responsible for achieving management and operational budgets
- Promote VERTO as a leader in the communities they support
- Provide timely and concise reporting to the CEO and the board
- Ensure compliance and continued registration with regulators
You will possess exceptional leadership skills and be familiar with service delivery models, ideally in the employment services environment. You will have a sound understanding of business, community and government sectors, along with solid commercial acumen. With experience from other senior complex roles in employment services, educational institutions or RTO’s, your track record will include the implementation of service delivery models. With a focus on nurturing internal and external relationships, your influential communication style will be an asset.
The successful candidate will also have the following:
- A commitment to quality, compliance and risk, whilst overseeing contract management
- Ability to implement operational change across the organisation, working closely with the CEO
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification
- An understanding of the non-profit and community based sector
If you are looking for a senior community orientated opportunity in a vibrant regional city, please apply. Alternatively, call Lisa Morell on 02 8243 0570 if you have any specific questions.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Chief Operating Officer – Service Delivery via Pro Bono Australia.