About the role
- Full time Clinical Manager (Psychologist Grade 4) position – Initially 6 month contract
- Based at Ravenhall Correctional Centre- Moroka Program
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare (the Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health) is the leading provider of forensic mental health services across Victoria. We deliver recovery-focused programs to consumers with serious mental illnesses across the Victorian justice system, mental health sector, and the community–from early intervention and prevention, to inpatient care, rehabilitation, and community transition support.
Our services are delivered through:
- Thomas Embling Hospital: a secure mental health hospital
- Prison mental health services throughout Victoria
- Community Forensic Mental Health Service
- We also work in partnership with Swinburne University of Technology through the Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science to deliver a forensic mental health research program, training, and ongoing professional education.
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Completed in 2017, the new medium-security men’s prison is located in Ravenhall Correctional Centre in Melbourne’s west, providing world-class forensic mental health services in Victoria in a purpose-built state of the art facility developed to international best practice standards.
The Moroka Program is aimed at addressing the needs of prisoners/patients with complex and challenging behaviours associated with mental illness through the provision of assessment, mental health care and treatment and behavioural interventions.
About the role:
The Program Manager has responsibility and accountability for providing high-level management and direction for the overall operation of the Moroka Program including planning, development of human, physical and financial resources, and overseeing the delivery of multi-disciplinary services. The Moroka Program Manager will provide clinical leadership and line management/supervision to staff in the Moroka Program.
- Provide clinical leadership and management of the Moroka Program at Ravenhall Correctional Centre
- Provide leadership, advice, line supervision and mentoring to direct reports
- Role model and promote effective and collaborative working relationships with GEO and Alliance Partner staff.
- Promote a Program culture that reinforces high standards of therapeutic practice
Skills and experience:
- At least ten years’ experience in providing a high level of services in forensic mental health and related settings
- Extensive knowledge of the current approaches in working with mentally, and/or behaviourally disordered clients in the forensic mental health setting
- Ability to leverage working relationships with colleagues and high level knowledge of clinical practices to build strong connections, cooperation and collaboration.
- Significant experience in leading teams through organisational and unit change, building a motivated and collaborative team
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Registered as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent, OR Doctorate degree in Forensic Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent.
- Endorsement or eligibility for endorsement by AHPRA, in the areas of clinical psychology and forensic psychology.
- The successful candidate will be required to register their qualifications on eCredential
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions & leave entitlements
- Bonus payment for relevant postgrad qualifications <clinical only>
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Clinical supervision
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: Staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
To apply please visit: https://forensicare.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=b5pN6ZI440I=&jbc=ere
Please quote in application: Clinical Manager (Psychologist Grade 4) via Pro Bono Australia.