About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Development Specialist to lead the Parkinson’s Life Programs within Victorian Communities.
Working within a framework of place based community development, you will form local partnerships, facilitate linkages between services and community, and support and grow over 70 Peer Support Group Programs across the State. Parkinson’s Victoria Peer Support Groups are self-led programs designed for members to have a better understanding of the condition, enhance their capability in self-management and build confidence to seek services available within their community. We are looking for a great all-rounder with experience in working within local communities, as well as possessing a thorough understanding of community engagement principles.
Come on a journey with us and proactively contribute to a positive and professional work environment that fosters innovation, improvement and team work, within a passionate, mission driven team who keep our Parkinson’s community at the forefront.
Ideally success will look like:
- Supporting Peer Support Groups and their leaders to be more effective and sustainable, including providing training, education, advice, support and information about relevant opportunities and services.
- Lead two organisational projects involving the development of the Peer Support Manual and Project Consultation and Program development for our Young Onset Community.
- Evaluation of existing and development of new Parkinson’s Life Programs
- Growth of Peer Support Groups and increased engagement in Parkinson’s Life Programs
You will bring the following to the role:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the requirements of planning, development, promotion and delivery of community programs for NFP which are responsive to community need
- Experience of the application of community development principles leading to community and social impact
- A dedication and passion for working with local communities and experience in working with volunteers
About the organisation
At Parkinson's Victoria, it boils down to the why – our vision for a world without Parkinson's. We are a state-wide specialist information and support service providing information, education and support to people living with Parkinson's, their families, carers, health providers and the wider community. We raise awareness and funds for services and research that improves the quality of life for people living with Parkinson’s.
How to apply for this role
Applicants are required to respond to the key selection criteria contained in the position description.
Please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Community Development CoOrdinator
For further information contact us on 8809 0400 or email@example.com
Please quote in application: Community Development Co-Ordinator via Pro Bono Australia.