About the role
Your new role
As the community engagement advisor you will be responsible for:
– Championing and overseeing the embedding of the Community Relationships Framework and make recommendations for future improvements
– Supporting the development, implementation and evaluation of organisational community engagement activities
– Building staff capacity in participation and engagement mechanisms, and supporting teams so that these are applied at the planning stage of development or redesign of services, events or campaigns
– Recruiting, training and supporting consumers to be involved in reference groups, projects and other Merri Health activities
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
– Tertiary qualifications in community development, community services, public health or related discipline
– Demonstrated experience in designing community engagement frameworks for health or social organisation/s
– Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and evaluate community awareness programs
– Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and communicate with people with varied needs and abilities
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
Join a supportive team that works collaboratively and values creativity and forward-thinking. Working for a leading non-for-profit community health provider, you will influence better engagement across state-wide services.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Engagement Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.