About the role
- Fixed-Term Position
- Part-Time 3 day or Full-Time 5 day Option Available
- Based in Wattle Place
- Salary Packaging & Other Exciting Benefits Available
About the role
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Counsellor to provide time limited brief counselling and casework to people affected by forced adoption.
The position works as part of a multi-disciplinary team, contributes to program and service development, and supports the centre including promoting services to clients and stakeholders.
This is a fixed-term role until June 30 with an option of working either 3 or 5 days a week.
The annual base salary range for this position is as given below:
$43,401 – $48,358 (Pro-Rata for 3 days a week part-time)
$72,335 to $80,597 (should you choose the full-time role)
In addition to the base salary, there is the employer’s contribution (9.5%) to superannuation, leave loading (17.5%) and we offer salary packaging.
Actual salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate being dependent on their level of experience, training and qualifications.
About the team
You will be working within an agile team collaborating closely with the Manager of Wattle Place and the Team Leader
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess a combination of the below
- Experience in the provision of quality trauma-informed counselling and therapeutic casework services for psychological wellbeing for people who have been impacted by past forced adoption practices
- Ability to conduct sessions using multiple mediums including face to face, telephone, skype and others in accordance with organisation policy and procedure
- Ability to utilise structured counselling modalities to facilitate change
- Ability to apply person-centred, trauma-informed, and strengths-based approach to working with clients
- Capable of maintaining service to clients from referral to closure according to the case plan, including all clinical and administrative tasks
- Assess and refer clients to relevant services according to client identified need.
- Actively support clients with therapeutic file reading and family tracing.
- Provide support for first time family reunion.
- Participate in the facilitation of client and community events
- Ability to work cooperatively and contribute to the overall functioning of the team
- Capability to contribute and attend to continuous improvement of the quality of services provided to clients
About the organisation
We've been here since 1948 and are one of largest secular organisations in Australia providing professional services to support relationships.
Relationships Australia NSW believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent nonprofit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.