About the role
- Attractive hourly rate + Above Award Salary
- Part Time | 4 days a week | Fixed Term until June 30
- Close to public transport
This role would ideally suit a counsellor wanting to expand their knowledge and practice skills delivering counselling to carers. Focussing on the carers role and the impact their role has on their own life and emotional wellbeing.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Delivering allocated sessions of counselling to carers referred into Carers Victoria via the National Counselling For Carers Program (NCCP)
- Potential to participate in group counselling work with other Carers Victoria counsellors
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or Community Development
- Membership of an approved professional body (eg PACFA, ACA)
- Demonstrated experience in client-based practice
- An empathic understanding of carers and the varied challenges they face
- An integrationist approach to delivering counselling to differing individuals
- Well-developed engagement, listening and telephone counselling skills
- Excellent work-life balance and family-friendly environment
- An inclusive and caring team culture
- Access to learning & development opportunities
About the organisation
Carers Victoria is the peak agency for unpaid carers, we are passionate about leading change and action to improve the lives of carers by representing and supporting them. We connect carers with a range of state-wide services including support services, counselling, advisory and carer education to help carers navigate the different challenges they may face. To see the work we do, click here
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.