About the role
BirdLife Australia (BirdLife) is a national bird conservation charity whose purpose is to stop extinction. With one unified voice for bird conservation in Australia BirdLife works nationally to develop advocacy and research initiatives and partnerships that achieve outstanding conservation results for our native birds and their habitats.
BirdLife’s achievements are derived from combining conservation expertise and science and with the skills, enthusiasm and commitment of its 175,000 donors, volunteers and supporters.
Reporting to the Head of Communication, Engagement and Development, you will be responsible for generating income across the channels of philanthropy, direct mail, digital fundraising and relationship stewarding . Specifically you will:
- Lead and inspire a multidisciplinary fundraising team of 4 staff
- Develop sophisticated and innovative growth strategies to increase revenue streams
- Be accountable for delivering income growth targets across all fundraising programs
- Develop and promote philanthropic strategy and culture and grow income through major gifts
- Develop the organisation’s donor base through relationship-focused activity and stewardship
This role is suited to a fundraising generalist connected to the world of major gifts/philanthropy who has experience in leading a team or is ready to do so. Your experience will also include:
- Sound understanding of best practice fundraising including developing and implementing effective fundraising programs, products and initiatives
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders and potential donors
- Demonstrated exceptional written communication and presentation skills
- Managing budgets and financial reporting
To contribute to conserving and enhancing the future of Australia’s birds and their habitats, apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the key skills required. Alternatively, please call Emma Naglieri on 03 8080 8977 for a further discussion.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.