About the role
We seek a creative Digital Marketing Officer to join our Community and Corporate Relations (CCR) (fundraising) team.
The CCR team endeavours to increase awareness of the valuable and innovative research being undertaken at the Baker Institute, and to raise funds to support the research.
In this role you will develop compelling content to engage existing and prospective donors, supporters and the general public, to the Baker Institute. By implementing the digital strategy, including, but not limited to: effectively and timely delivery of relevant fundraising campaigns and events through social media and online platforms; and analyse fundraising and marketing content-related insights.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Enhance the Baker Institute’s brand with informative online content that encourages dialogue and support to our work.
- Drive traffic to the Baker Institute’s website, social media platforms and donation pages.
- Develop email communications that support planned fundraising campaigns and events, and donor care updates (including monthly e-newsletters).
- Maintain and monitor performance of all online communications.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to develop and/or gather contents for direct marketing activities.
Skills and Experience
You will have:
- A minimum 1-year experience in a digital marketing role for a fundraising organisation or similar.
- Experience in developing content to attract and engage people in digital and/or social media content.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and engage with written and visual content.
- Excellent time-management ability to meet deadlines without compromising work quality and accuracy.
Working at the Baker Institute offers flexibility, professional development, and the opportunity to contribute to a research centre of world renown. Benefits include generous salary packaging, an employee assistance program, and an active social club, as well as modern offices and laboratories adjacent to the Alfred Hospital and walking distance to St Kilda Road, Chapel Street, and Fawkner Park.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
The Baker Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome interest from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for roles within the Institute. We value diversity, inclusivity, gender equity and we promote family friendly practises. We are a proud recipient of an inaugural Athena SWAN Bronze Award from Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE).
About the organisation
Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute is an independent, internationally renowned medical research facility. Our work extends from the laboratory to wide-scale community studies with a focus on diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Digital Marketing Officer via Pro Bono Australia.