About the role
Earthwatch is seeking an experienced, passionate and motivated Education Events Manager to help deliver the Kids Teaching Kids program. The highly-awarded Kids Teaching Kids Program connects young people with their local environment whilst also connecting with their community, developing their sense of place and their skills in resilience and communication. The program includes the Kids Teaching Kids Conference which has been running for 13 years and is a prestigious event involving schools across the country.
The Education Events Manager is an exciting and varied position combining event management skills with building capacity in the next generation. The position will encompass end to end management of the Kids Teaching Kids Melbourne Conference including all planning, programing, marketing, logistics, administration, procurement and management of contractors.
The Education Events Manager will support the Education Specialist to implement a range of Kids Teaching Kids events. It will require the skills of a true all-rounder with the capabilities to coordinate a major event from end to end, build relationships with stakeholders and event partners through to directly working with teachers and students. At various times throughout the year the position will involve added event support roles for the Kids Teaching Kids Week Conferences.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Project Management of Kids Teaching Kids Conference including all aspects from recruiting schools, to confirming and booking logistics and managing suppliers
- Education support including but not limited to teacher professional development workshops, school visits to assist students preparing a Kids Teaching Kids workshop.
- Marketing and Communication for the Kids Teaching Kids Conference
- Manager Stakeholders and partnerships
- Administrative Duties
It goes without saying that your passion for environmental sustainability and education, behaviour change and youth development will be highly regarded. Earthwatch Australia is a small organisation, so your ability to work in a small team, be self-motivated and show initiative is critical.
- Demonstrated success in managing high end events
- Effective time-management and project-management skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines Excellent office administration skills
- Proven ability to maintain high level relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders
- High level communication skills (oral and written), including the negotiation of contracts or service level agreements
- High levels of flexibility and versatility, demonstrating strong personal initiative and motivation
- An effective team player, both within the Earthwatch Australia office and within the sponser/ client environment
- Ability to travel interstate
- Understanding of environmental science/sustainability issues
- Experience in a teaching environment, either through direct classroom experience or working with children in some capacity (ie environmental education centres, local government, state government
- Experience with primary and secondary teachers i.e. experience across a broad range of education environments
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passion for the cause
- Results driven
About the organisation
Earthwatch Institute is a leading global environmental organisation, committed to conserving the diversity and integrity of life on Earth to meet the needs of current and future generations.
Founded in 1971, and with 5 offices around the globe, our aim is to empower people to save the natural world. We do this by engaging the community directly in environmental and sustainability experiences through Work (corporate programs), Life (student and teacher programs) and Play (public expeditions). This hands on experience bridges the gap between science and the community and creates an informed society that can translate scientific knowledge into sustainable action.
Focusing our research on the most critical issues facing our planet, climate change, ocean health, restoring our iconic landscape and protecting our unique wildlife, we have to-date supported thousands of research expeditions across the globe.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Education Events Manager via Pro Bono Australia.