About the role
Be part of a dynamic and passionate team of health professionals who provide services, education and vital information to people living with Parkinsons and their communities.
As the Education Manager, you will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of blended public education programs including online (new offering), classroom and conferences. This is an exciting new role for the organisation.
You will lead and shape the future of public education programs for our community, and successfully implement the new Parkinson’s Smart Health Online Education Program. Design a new education curriculum and, together with your team and business partners, deliver interactive, innovative and engaging professional education support, and services to the Parkinsons Community.
Come on a journey with us and proactively contribute to a positive and professional work environment that fosters innovation, continuous improvement and team work, within a passionate, mission driven team holding our Parkinsons community at the forefront.
Ideally success will look like:
- Starting from scratch, the development and implementation of the Parkinsons Education Framework and Model, including an online and classroom curriculum
- Providing practical support to education facilitators in the delivery of education programs including conferences, community seminars and education.
- The purchase and implementation of an education delivery platform to manage online public education programs
- Evaluation of existing, and development of new, Education Products
You will bring the following to the role:
- Learning design techniques to innovate and build a learning culture through modern and fit for purpose approaches
- A commitment to developing education programs, responsive to need and aligned to a blended learning model
- Work well in an ambiguous environment, create focus and enough certainty to deliver and succeed.
- Be able to challenge yourself, grow and be ready for a future that is constantly changing
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Degree in education, Adult learning or Teaching is desirable, but not essential
- 3-5 yrs experience in the development of education programs including design, development and delivery
- Experience and skills in Project Management
The successful applicant will be required to undergo satisfactory pre-employment checks, including two professional referees, a criminal records check and evidence of professional qualifications.
About the organisation
At Parkinsons Victoria, it boils down to the why – our vision for a world without Parkinsons. Parkinson's Victoria is a state-wide specialist information and support service providing information, education and support to people living with Parkinson's, their families, carers, health providers and the wider community. We raise awareness and funds for services and research that improves the quality of life for people living with Parkinson’s.
How to apply for this role
Please send a brief CV (Word format, up to 5 pages) to email@example.com by 5pm Monday 9 March, or ring Lesley Lightfoot or Jeremy Wurm on 03 9602 1666, in confidence.
Please quote in application: Education Manager – 12 month contract role via Pro Bono Australia.