About the role
FWSS provides flexible and responsive services to children, young people and their families to identify risk factors or issues that may lead to poor mental health outcomes later in life and address these issues. The program has three components: Intensive, long-term, early intervention support for children, young people and their families; Short-term immediate assistance for families; and Community outreach, mental health education and community development activities.
The Family Wellbeing Support Service Practitioner will provide intensive, long-term, early intervention support for children, young people and their families in the catchment area of Melton/Bacchus Marsh/Caroline Springs.
As the successful applicant you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, community development or another relevant area
- Demonstrated experience working with children and young people
- Knowledge and understanding of needs of families experiencing mental health issues
- Understanding and commitment to the principles of community development and community capacity building, including working with local communities and services to identify gaps and develop effective programs to address
- An ability to deliver case management services to families with mental health issues and demonstrated skills in developing and delivering group programs
- A range of assessment, intervention and interaction skills including demonstrated ability to deliver case management services to families with mental health issues and demonstrated skills in developing and delivering group programs
About the organisation
Relationships are at the heart of why CatholicCare exists. We help people to build positive relationships, and repair connections when needed. CatholicCare works on behalf of the Archdiocese of Melbourne and the Diocese of Sale with a mission to break down the barriers to social inclusion by strengthening families and communities.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Wellbeing Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.