About the role
The Fundraising Manager’s role is to develop and execute a comprehensive strategic fundraising plan, creating positive relationships with the philanthropic and corporate community to establish a new and significant sustainable income stream. The focus of this role is to raise philanthropic funds and position Flourish Australia as a preferred charitable cause for donors and sponsors, promote a philanthropic culture in Flourish Australia, and promote an appreciation of donor-centric friend-raising and stewardship. The Fundraising Manager will develop annual operational plans involving a range of fundraising campaigns, programs, social media campaigns, activities and events.
About the organisation
Our name reflects our fundamental and enduring commitment to people’s mental health and wellbeing, supporting them to thrive and live a contributing life.
Flourish Australia is Australia’s leading provider of mental health services, with 67 locations across NSW, ACT, South East Queensland and Victoria. Our services are comprehensive and our proven approach is highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique.
We start by fully understanding an individual’s strengths, the challenges they face and what flourishing looks like for them. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
A key Flourish Australia service is providing specialised psycho-social and mental health support for people who are eligible for the NDIS.
Flourish Australia employ Australia’s largest peer workforce because we believe that peer support is foundational to mental health and wellbeing. The cornerstone of our approach is one-to-one mentoring with peer workers, who can empathise and share their inspiring stories purposefully, with practical insight, because they have experienced their own mental health challenges.
Everyone who works at Flourish Australia is dedicated to providing people experiencing mental health issues with the day-to-day support and encouragement they need to create a rewarding life for themselves in their community.
How to apply for this role
What you will bring to the role
You will have extensive knowledge and practical experience in fundraising and development with an evidence-based approach and an appreciation of the Advancement model. In particular, you will have experience in developing a portfolio of fundraising projects to attract the philanthropic support of major donors, corporate sponsors, trusts and foundations, regular donors, community fundraising and bequests.
You will have excellent oral and writing skills, and be proficient with technology, including CRM systems.
You will be enthusiastic about supporting people with lived experience and educating the public about the importance of providing mental health support without stigma or prejudice.
1. Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
2. A minimum of 5 years of related experience in fundraising, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
3. A stable work history with a proven track record of implementing fundraising programs and campaigns with measurable results.
4. Effective organisational, project management, problem-solving, planning and analytical skills.
5. Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a wide variety of stakeholders.
6. Demonstrated ability to present to and converse with stakeholders, including holding discussions with community and business leaders and senior managers of an organisation.
7. The ability to work effectively with representatives from both the public and private sectors.
8. Proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite, good knowledge of web-based fundraising and the ability to fully utilise CRM systems.
9. Ability to understand the challenges faced by people with a lived experience.
About the Benefits
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
• Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
• Comprehensive infrastructure including Macbook, mobile phone and other resources for work purposes
• Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should include your CV, response to the selection criteria, three referees and a cover letter including your permission for us to verify your qualifications/degrees.
The recruitment process will include initial selection by Donorcentricity Pty Ltd, reference checking, and a panel interview by Flourish Australia if you are successful in being shortlisted.
For further information about the position or application process, please contact Mark Williams:
(02) 8819 2898.
Please quote in application: Fundraising Manager via Pro Bono Australia.