About the role
Brien Holden Vision Institute Foundation is a global non-profit public health organisation. The Foundation delivers sustainable eye care services, education and training programs in remote and isolated communities in Australia and overseas. The Foundation is focused on the elimination of uncorrected vision impairment and avoidable blindness by developing eye care solutions within communities in most need, thereby improving opportunities in education, employment and quality of life.
The global need for vision correction has created disability and a poverty inducing health care crisis worldwide. For 20 years the Foundation has worked to eliminate vision impairment and avoidable blindness improving the quality of life for millions of people.
Benefits & Culture
- 12 month contract with potential for extension
- Competitive salary + superannuation + salary packaging
- Additional holidays, lunch time health and fitness classes plus parking options available
This role manages BHVI’s public health programs and activities across countries including Vietnam, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and PNG. Working closely with partners, stakeholders and colleagues, you will be involved with the following:-
- Responsible for the service delivery of international projects and education programs
- Develop and maintain budgets and provide leadership to country managers
- Review programs and provide strategic advice and guidance to the organisation
- Coordinate and develop the funding of project proposals in regions of specific interest
You will have the capacity to interact sensitively and effectively with communities and partners and be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and skills:-
- Experience working in the international development sector
- Strong project management skills with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge or interest in public health and global education programs
- A natural leader, displaying resourcefulness, integrity and cross-cultural empathy
- Bachelors degree or higher equivalent, preferably in International Development or Public Health
If you’re passionate about improving public health amongst global communities and are able to commit to a 12 month contract, please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required in MS Word format. Alternatively, please call Debbie Jardine on (02) 8243 0570 to discuss.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Head of International Programs via Pro Bono Australia.