About the role
We are looking for someone who is genuinely excited at the opportunity to manage the full spectrum of a generalist HR function in a values-based organisation. In this stand-alone role you will work alongside the CEO and deliver an impactful and efficient HR support function to the organisation.
In the role you will:
- Drive all recruitment, selection and onboarding processes
- Provide advice and support to managers around performance and grievance issues
- Administer the annual remuneration review process
- Manage the full range of employee related benefits available within the firm
- Promote and monitor employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Deliver learning and development programs
- Develop and maintain all firm policies and procedures
- Implement staff retention and engagement strategies
The Key Attributes
- A qualification in an HR-related degree is essential
- 8-10 years’ relevant generalist human resources experience
- Previous experience within a not for profit is beneficial
- Advanced technical experience in the application of Fair Work Act (2009) and award interpretation
- Highly advanced influencing skills combined with empathy and confidentiality
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A confident and calm professionalism
- A team player capable of building good working relationships
- Flexibility and resilience
About the organisation
Animal Welfare League NSW is a registered charity that cares for surrendered, neglected and abandoned animals and gives them a second chance at life. Our vision is for all companion animals to have a safe and loving home and we make a real difference to the lives of animals most in need.
Located in a beautiful setting in Kemps Creek, our facilities are a 10-minute drive from the Elizabeth Drive exit off the M7.
How to apply for this role
If you are looking for a new challenge with huge variety then this is the role for you. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to HR@awlnsw.com.au using the subject line: HR Manager application via ProBono.
Please quote in application: HR Manager via Pro Bono Australia.