About the role
BirdLife Australia (BirdLife) is a national bird conservation charity whose purpose is to stop extinction. With one unified voice for bird conservation in Australia BirdLife works nationally to develop advocacy and research initiatives and partnerships that achieve outstanding conservation results for our native birds and their habitats.
BirdLife’s achievements are derived from combining the skills, enthusiasm and commitment of its 150,000 donors, volunteers and supporters.
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager you will be responsible for raising philanthropic income from major donors and trusts and foundations.
You will do this through:
- Leading and coordinating the relationship management of current major donors
- Researching, identifying and solicitation of new major gift donors
- Nurturing relationships and drive major gift cultivation and solicitation, making “asks”
- Implementing and maintaining personalised stewardship plans for major donors
- Promoting a philanthropic culture and program across the organisation
- Working with the CEO, board members and leadership team to ensure they are engaged with donors
This role is suited to a fundraising generalist who has experience in, or is ready to gain experience in major gifts/philanthropy. You will have exceptional communication and influencing skills with a personable approach to engage and build relationships. You can also demonstrate:
- Understanding of best practice major gift or business development strategies
- Use of effective soliciting and stewardship tools mapping the donor or customer journey
- Experience working collaboratively in a target driven environment
- Ability to plan and prioritise work to multitask, meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of CRM systems e.g. Raisers Edge or similar
To contribute to conserving and enhancing the future of Australia’s birds and their habitats apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter address the key skills. Alternatively, please call Emma Naglieri on 03 8080 8977 for a further discussion
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Major Donor Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.