About the role
This is a permanent part-time position with a probationary period of three months and is 30 hours a week spread across five days. Employment is under the Neighbourhood Houses and Adult Community Education Centres Collective Agreement 2016
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Experience in management,
- Command of community development principles and practice, preferably in a neighbourhood house setting,
- High standards of integrity and confidentiality and an ability to exercise sound judgement,
- An ability to develop and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders including staff, volunteers, supporters and users of the House,
- An ability to prioritise your own workload using time management skills, and
- High energy and a positive, can-do attitude.
Further information regarding the position can be obtained by emailing the Chair at:
About the organisation
Mitcham Community House was established in 1975. It is a not-for-profit organisation governed by a voluntary Committee of Management drawn from the local community. Paid staff and volunteers manage the day-to-day operations of the house. Paid tutors and voluntary facilitators offer a wide range of recreational, social and educational classes according to the needs of the local community. The community house also provides childcare, pre-accredited training and women's support programs.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager via Pro Bono Australia.