About the role
- Parental leave vacancy until January 2021
- Senior Officer – attractive remuneration package
- Lead the Equity and Wellbeing department at Darebin City Council
We are seeking a highly experienced senior manager to lead the Equity and Wellbeing Department on a fixed-term (parental leave) basis. Help create a city where everyone can thrive and belong, where all people in their diversity have fair and equitable access to opportunities.
As a progressive leader, Council has set an inspiring vision to ensure quality of life for current and future generations; responding to the climate emergency, growing inequality and unprecedented growth.
As the Manager Equity and Wellbeing, your role will include:
- Lead Council’s efforts to improve community wellbeing outcomes and address discrimination.
- Lead the strategic and operational direction of the department.
- Effectively manage the resources, projects and responsibilities of the department.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- Annual incremental salary increases.
- Opportunities for secondments and promotions within Darebin Council.
- Walking distance from Preston train station and tram stops.
- Onsite car parking available.
- Social activities and social club as a member of the Darebin Council.
- Comprehensive health and wellbeing program, including free access to physio, yoga and fitness classes.
- Provided with laptop and mobile phone.
- Green travel incentives.
- Access to fleet vehicles for work purposes.
For further information about the position, please contact Janet Hanh, Coordinator Departmental Administration, Community Division on 03 8470 8333
The City of Darebin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. Darebin are committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.
About the organisation
The City of Darebin is a vibrant municipality just north of Melbourne’s CBD. No matter where you’re from you’ll feel at home in this cosmopolitan community, where different lifestyles, aspirations and talents are welcomed. Our 160,000 residents speak 138 different languages, embrace 37 different faiths and celebrate their city’s rich cultural diversity.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager Equity and Wellbeing via Pro Bono Australia.