About the role
CMY seeks a Project Officer who will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of CMY’s component of the Refugee Education Support Program (RESP) in an allocated region of Victoria or metropolitan Melbourne and in collaboration with other members of the MY Education team.
- Hours: 30.4 hours per week (0.8 FTE) Part Time
- Fixed Term: until 22 May 2020 (Maternity Leave position)
- Base Salary (SCHADS Level 5) : $79,059 per annum (pro rata) plus Super and access to Salary Packaging
- Location: Carlton Office or CMY Casey Office
- Applications close : Midday 12:00pm, Monday 24 February 2020
- Interviews: to be held in the week beginning 2 March 2020
You will have
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- developing, brokering and implementing multi-stakeholder projects, including high level project and stakeholder management skills;
- communicating effectively with new and existing project partners and diverse and multiple stakeholders; and
- identification and understanding of issues, problems, opportunities and conflict management, whilst ensuring a sound analytical and collaborative approach to support decision making across stakeholders;
- Well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present and write reports and project plans, ;
- An understanding of the education sector in particular schools, curriculum and the challenges for students and families with refugee and migrant backgrounds. An understanding of Out of School Hours Learning Support Programs and their role in supporting the educational needs of children and young people with migrant and refugee backgrounds is desirable; and
- An ability to work both independently and within a team environment and collaborate effectively with peers across multiple regions.
For more information
About the organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
How to apply for this role
- Provide your updated resume / CV
- Address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description
- Email the above documents to email@example.com using the subject line: <insert your name> MY Education Project Officer CMY184.
For more information, download the Position Description available here: https://www.cmy.net.au/work-with-us/
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and short listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Please quote in application: MY Education Project Officer (Maternity Leave) (CMY184) via Pro Bono Australia.