About the role
The National Housing Team Leader role ensures that YWCA delivers high quality property and tenancy management services to tenants, clients and the broader community. This role provides team management and leadership to ensure that a quality service provision is provided in accordance with YWCA’s values, policies and procedures, organisational performance targets and all relevant government policy and legislation pertaining to each State and Territory.
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Demonstrated experience managing individuals and teams with ability to lead, motivate and train team.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage competing deadlines for self and others.
- Experience in the community housing sector or property industry, with familiarity in tenancy management practices, RTA legislation across each State, tribunals, maintenance, budget management and establishing operational processes.
- An awareness, understanding and sensitivity to homelessness issues and ability to communicate with a diversity of people from various cultures.
- Ability to maintain and manage tenancy databases – CHINTARO and Excel
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Strong mediation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- High level organisational and administrative skills.
- A valid state-based working with children or working with vulnerable people check.
- A valid Victorian Driver’s License
This position will require the applicant to satisfactorily complete a national criminal history record check and hold the relevant state based working with children or working with vulnerable persons permit prior to employment.
About the organisation
YWCA Australia is a feminist not-for-profit organisation focused on improving gender equality for women, young women and girls. Together we challenge the systems, structures and policies that act as barriers to women, especially young women, achieving their full potential.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: National Housing Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.