About the role
- Do you want to work at a cutting edge women’s & gender diverse nonbinary service?
- Do you excel at creating partnerships that matter?
- Does fundraising get your heart pumping?
- If you answered yes yes and YES then this job is for you
POSITION SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement and monitor an organisational strategy across fund development, marketing and communications in conjunction with the CEO, the Communications Coordinator and the Board Strategic Fundraising Sub-Committee
- Identify, target and develop strategic partnerships across sectors that are aligned to WIRE’s overall strategy that will assist WIRE to maximise social impact and contribute to financial sustainability
- Proactively network with key stakeholders in government, funding bodies, business and community leaders to identify and actualise capacity-building opportunities
- Positively position and market WIRE as the ‘go to’ Victorian service for women, gender diverse and nonbinary people
- Work collaboratively with the CEO, Communications Coordinator and other staff as required to identify and implement opportunities to increase the profile of WIRE
- Represent WIRE at a senior level at events and meetings as required and positively represent WIRE at tender pitches and events
- Oversee and work with the Communications Coordinator and Financial and Administration Coordinator to develop and maintain a database of stakeholder and funder contacts
- Work collaboratively with the CEO to identify emerging or ongoing opportunities and risks to the WIRE brand and its ongoing sustainability
- Until a Social Enterprise Manager is recruited, promote and scale WIRE’s training social enterprise and work with potential customers to ascertain their training needs, determine the scope of work and provide quotes.
About the organisation
WIRE is a leading service delivery organisation with more than 30 years’ experience supporting countless women, nonbinary and gender-diverse people across Victoria. It is the only Victorian state-wide free service that provides information, support and referrals to any Victorian women, nonbinary and gender-diverse person on any issue.
Vision: A just and inclusive society where all people can thrive.
Values: WIRE is feminist, inclusive and bold. We strive for social justice, empowerment and integrity.
Mission: At WIRE we work with women, non-binary and gender-diverse people to address the issues they identify, assist them to make informed choices in their lives and advocate for structural change to bring about gender equity and social justice.
WIRE has a strong track-record of innovation in research, training and service delivery and addressing the multiple barriers women, non-binary and gender-diverse people experience that contribute to their marginalisation.
WIRE supports all women, including nonbinary and gender non-conforming people We are a committed feminist organisation that provides best-practice gender-informed service delivery, research and training and a non-stigmatising service delivery entry point for thousands of people every year.
We provide support through a Telephone Support Line, by email and online, as well as face-to-face at our Walk-in Centre located in West Melbourne. We also deliver a range of programs and services including job coaching, employment workshops, financial and legal clinic, lunch-time clubs and activities for those experiencing isolation and homelessness.
We undertake projects and provide education and resources to individuals, organisations and the community to build capacity and capability to counter gender bias, discrimination and family violence. This includes training products and programs focused on increasing women’s financial capability, addressing family violence, dealing with difficult calls and working more effectively with women.
We are a small organisation but our impact ripples throughout Victoria. With more than 60 active volunteers and 22 staff we provide services to Victorians that changes lives. We are proud of who we are, the service we provide and what we have achieved.
How to apply for this role
To apply to this position please email your CV and response to selection criteria to WIRE CEO Julie Kun at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Sunday March 1.
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact Julie on 83267108 or email@example.com
Please quote in application: Partnership and Community Management Manager via Pro Bono Australia.