About the role
Location: Melbourne, CBD
Work Type: Full Time
- Full time, fixed term contract (until June 2021)
- Project manage end to end financial administration of assigned grants
- Based in Melbourne CBD
Reporting to the Financial Controller, The position provides planning, budgeting, forecasting, accounting and compliance services to Grants in accordance with grant contractual obligations.
This role contributes to the financial management and compliance of identified grant projects/programs. It also provides technical guidance and capacity development to support the delivery of IWDA’s work internationally and the success of IWDA’s partners. This is not a Financial Accountant role, it is a Project Grant Accountant role.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting or related discipline. CA/ CPA strongly preferred
- Relevant experience in project accounting and general accountancy, preferably in the not for profit sector
- Experience training and upskilling people with limited financial knowledge
- Experience working with multi-country and multi-currency budgets
- Experience with budget planning, monitoring and reporting in a grant funded environment
- Demonstrated conceptual and analytical skills
- Demonstrated negotiation and communication skills (including reporting and presenting)
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy in relation to financial management and compliance
- Experience in the delivery of successful financial and compliance capability
- Knowledge of a range of financial information management systems, preferably NetSuite, MYOB and QuickBooks
Offered as a full-time fixed term contract (until June 2021) The annual salary is a SCHADS 5.1 – 5.2 In addition, attractive PBI/NFP packaging is available.
About the organisation
International Women’s Development Agency (IWDA) is the leading Australian agency entirely focussed on women’s rights and gender equality in the Asia Pacific region. They are international, feminist and independent.
How to apply for this role
If you have exceptional skills in the above areas and are looking for a new and exciting challenge, please make an application by clicking the 'Apply' tab below to submit your resume in Word format.
Any offer of employment will require a National Police Check and endorsement of IWDA’s Child Protection Code of Conduct
International Women’s Development Agency (IWDA) has an EEO exemption (H112/2018) and requests applications from women only. IWDA encourages women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and women with disabilities to apply.
Please quote in application: Project Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.