About the role
- Work with a not-for-profit organisation committed to social justice
- Competitive remuneration package
- Generous motor vehicle allowance or fully maintained vehicle
- Access to exclusive NFP Salary Packaging
- Full Time (38 hours per week)
- Based in Ascot Vale (VIC) with metro Melbourne and regional travel required
Your new role
Due to organisational growth, Wintringham is seeking a technically skilled and experienced Construction Project Manager to join our Property Services team as we commence a new development/asset renewal phase. Reporting to the Asset and Property Services Manager, the successful candidate will play a key role in defining project briefs, as well as managing these projects through the project life cycle to ensure they are delivered to scope, on time and within budget. Wintringham is seeking a motivated, process driven professional with demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously. Projects will vary in nature & size from minor works to projects of up to $10 million.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical, design and project management assistance at the direction of the Asset & Property Services Manager
- Independently managing construction/refurbishment projects in accordance with industry established best practice
- Assisting in the strategic development and implementation of new systems and processes to achieve consistent, repeatable results within the Property Services Team & Wintringham.
- Providing expert project management & project delivery advice / outcomes on projects to be undertaken by the organisation
- Taking the lead project management role in any internally managed/contracted construction projects.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- A tertiary or post-graduate qualification in construction management, project management (Construction), building surveying or structural/civil engineering
- Proven experience with providing solid technical, design, project management and project delivery advice
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise duties, work independently and flexibly and meet demanding timelines
- Ability to develop organisation wide relationships and translate stakeholder requests into coherent briefs and outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- A commitment to social justice
- A current drivers licence (mandatory)
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records check & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application. Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”
About the organisation
Who are we?
Wintringham is a specialist not-for-profit company providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to elderly men and women who come from a homeless background. With annual revenue of $60 million, we employ over 650 staff and manage $220 million of purpose built aged-care and housing assets at multiple locations in Melbourne and regional Victoria.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Manager - Construction via Pro Bono Australia.