About the role
- Part-time, ongoing Grade 2 Psychologist position – Immediate start
- Based in Victoria’s Women’s prison in Deer Park
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare (the Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health) is the leading provider of forensic mental health services across Victoria. We deliver recovery-focused programs to consumers with serious mental illnesses across the Victorian justice system, mental health sector, and the community–from early intervention and prevention, to inpatient care, rehabilitation, and community transition support.
Our services are delivered through:
- Thomas Embling Hospital: a secure mental health hospital
- Prison mental health services throughout Victoria
- Community Forensic Mental Health Service
- We also work in partnership with Swinburne University of Technology through the Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science to deliver a forensic mental health research program, specialist training, and ongoing professional education.
Forensicare provides specialist mental health services at Dame Phyllis Frost Centre in the Marrmak Unit, a 20-bed residential program for women prisoners with an intensive outreach program and a therapeutic day program.
There is a strong focus on providing a healing environment not only for the prisoners, but importantly also one that supports the well-being and safety of all staff involved. This approach recognises that many women who are imprisoned are indeed themselves victims of crime and have challenging mental health conditions as a result. The word Marrmak is from the Woiwurrung language of the Wurundjeri people meaning ‘safe’.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a grade 2 psychologist to do discipline specific work on a unit with mentally disordered female offenders. The role is one of four psychologists within the multidisciplinary team. Psychologists provide specialist psychological, psychometric and psychodiagnostic assessments as well as individual and group treatment.
- Psychometric and psychodiagnostic assessments
- Individual and group treatment
- Provides discipline-specific contributions to clinical practice and program development
Skills and experience:
- Previous working experience in a mental health facility, or a forensic mental health service would be an advantage
- Skills in clinical assessment, including the administration and interpretation of psychological tests designed to assess personality, psychopathology, intelligence and cognitive functioning
- Skills in providing individual or group treatment with patients with mental illness, emotional problems, and/or behavioural problems
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent, OR Doctorate degree in Forensic Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA)
- The successful candidate will be required to register their qualifications on eCredential
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions & leave entitlements
- Bonus payment for relevant postgrad qualifications <clinical only>
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Clinical supervision and support for staff undertaking registrar program
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including staff health service, and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
About the organisation
Forensicare (the Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health) is the leading provider of forensic mental health services across Victoria.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Psychologist Grade 2 via Pro Bono Australia.